Condensed Litigation Support CV
James B. Dyer is a third generation native of Orlando and graduate of Vanderbilt University with a Masters degree in mechanical engineering. Mr. Dyer benefits from two decades of commercial HVAC and energy services projects experience with a large consulting firm, I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc., located in Nashville, TN.
Mr. Dyer has extensive experience in HVAC design, thermal and/or electric power plant design, operations and maintenance, mechanical process design, heating and cooling distribution, specialty air and fluid systems, plumbing, energy procurement, and environmental permitting for commercial and industrial facilities.
Mr. Dyer is routinely involved with project development and equipment evaluation through performance estimations and financial analysis, design, and specification of equipment/processes, construction management, commissioning and operations. The bulk of Mr. Dyer’s recent work involves ASHRAE Level I, II, and III energy auditing of building systems and commissioning of HVAC, investigation of HVAC failures and improper design, remediation of faulty building mechanical systems and construction practices.
Mr. Dyer has provided forensic engineering services for owners, insurance adjusters, and in support of litigation since 2007.
Mr. Dyer holds the following licenses and accreditations:
- Professional Engineer, State of Florida
- Certified Energy Manager, Association of Energy Engineers
- LEEP AP O+M, Green Building Council
- Building Energy Analysis Professional, ASHRAE
Mr. Dyer is active in the following organizations:
- Association of Energy Engineers
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Florida Engineering Society
- Florida Healthcare Engineering Association
- International District Energy Association
- National Society of Professional Engineers